To undertake, promote, develop and carry on charitable, scientific, literary, and/or educational work, to establish and maintain in whole or part charitable, scientific, literary, and/or educational agencies or institutions, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, in the absolute discretion of the Board of Directors, to make donations, gifts, and contributions out of the annual net income and/or assets of the corporation (without limit as to the amount going to any one recipient, or in the aggregate, to all recipients) to or for the use of any and all corporations, organizations, foundations, institutions, the United States, any state, territory, or political subdivision thereof, the District of Columbia, governmental bodies, or projects for charitable, scientific, literary, and/or educational purposes, for the care of sick, aged, helpless or needy men, women, children, or animals, for the improvement of living and working conditions, for the advancement of knowledge and learning and the alleviation of human or animal suffering, and for providing facilities for public education and recreation.
The William T. Morris Foundation is imbued with these values:
- We believe in helping people help themselves through the practical application of knowledge and resources to improve their quality of life and that of future generations.
- We believe all people have the inherent capacity to effect change in their lives, in their organizations, and in their communities.
- We respect individuals and value their collective interests, strengths and cultures.
- We believe stewardship requires fidelity to the spirit and to the intent of the founder, and the wise use of resources.
- We believe in being responsible, prudent, selfless and exercising good judgment.
- We believe innovation of thought and action leads to enduring and positive change in both formal and informal systems.
- We value integrity of purpose and action, and believe it is essential to all of our affairs